Sunday, June 17, 2012

6 ideas to make The Zombie Conspiracy BETTER!

As much as all of you guys, I want the zombie conspiracy to be the best fantasy novel ever written. So, I engaged myself in a task to immerse myself in all of the fantasy materials I could find. Through film, books and internet forums, I think I grasped the idea of the fantasy genre. So now I can give more legitimate advice on how I feel we can improve our novel. I might have pointed out some continuity errors on the last post but now I've come back for more.

The major problem I find with the Zombie Conspiracy is that it isn't a fantasy novel at all. It's more of a dystopian, political satire.

1. Change the zombies to Orcs
The Orc conspiracy. There we go, mainstream success in the big with that title alone. We gotta admit, zombies aren't that FANTASTICAL creatures, so orcs are the way to go.

2. Make the society aristocratic
Imagine the possibilities! Just imagine it. There will actually be a legitimate reason for the goverment hatred towards the zombies! Or should I say..... ORCS XD

3. Make the Orcs have a different lifestyle
Obviously in the Zombie Conspiracy, the zombies just live like us only they're physically weird. That's kinda boring for a fantasy novel. So how about we make the Orcs do a belly-slam instead of a handshake. And the society can be made up of entirely gays and lesbians living in unison. And their weapons are slime-guns. YES! SLIME GUNS! When have you ever seen a fantasy story that has slime. None right? THAT'S INNOVATION!

4. Mr Jenkins? How about Lorzard the Really Old?
Mr Jenkins as mentor of the story? Kill me, just kill me. Lozard the Really Old now that's innovation. He can be the most sagacious man in Singapore and the only one with a mutated yellow beard. Because of his beard, his appeal for the post of president of Singapore was denied and he sank into deep alcoholism. You can easily see him beside Aslan, Dumbledore and Gandalf.

5. Gripping Monologue before the War
Katata-Boo takes his triple-inch MC 15 slime gun and says, "Now, you might all think that engaging in war is an inhumane and horrible thing to do. However, sometimes we have to do bad things, for the greater good. In this time of epidemic, we will fight! Fight till our bones shatter and teeth twists in anguish, because we know that this is for the greater good! THE GREATER GOOD!"

6. Have Fun
Gosh darn it! HAVE FUN WITH FANTASY! Break boundaries in writing! CREATE WORLDS! CREATE INNOVATIVE SCENARIOS THAT HAS NEVER BEEN THOUGHT OF BEFORE! CREATE THE MOST EPIC FANTASY NOVEL OF ALL TIME! There are lots of scenarios and plots in the story that are just society's bitchings, that's not fantasy!! GET OUT OF YOUR SAD PATHETIC LIFE AND THINK OF A WORLD THAT YOU DREAM TO BE IN! THAT'S FANTASY!~

Good ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment