Monday, June 11, 2012

Mcdonalds In Mrt

Today I had just finished my maths olympiad exam in school and wanted to buy takeaway from NEX to go back home and indulge in. I bought a mcspicy meal and carried it with those iconic fast food paper bags. I put the sprite into the paper bag with the fries and the burger for ease of holding.

Following that, I  walked to the MRT and waited for the train to arrive. What I didn’t know was that spirite was leaking out from the bottle(or paper cup or whatever) inside the paper bag – probably because I walk really fast. Anyways, the sprite leaked into the paper bag, soaked the foundation of it and the foundation of the paper bag opened up. Fries came pouring out, pelting onto the ground followed by a soggy burger visible from the soaked translucent box that was once opaque.

I panicked, walked back and forth for a few steps(Yeah that dramatic) and then threw all the sticky burgers and fries and half-filled cup of sprite into the mini bag I was holding(What was I supposed to do?).

While I was in that bansheed situation, the people just did what chinese refers to as, ‘袖手旁观‘。They didn’t help, they didn’t show any emotion, they just stood there looking at me as my hands became inundated with fry semen(Ok there’s no such thing as fry semen but you get the point). Then an old man came walking towards me, I thought he was going to help and I was so relieved that there was actually helpful people in Singapore!

So he walked towards me and said,”纸袋湿了(The paper bag is wet)” and then walked away.

I wanted to flip the finger at him but resisted because I thought I was the only civilised person left in this country. I mean good god, what a bunch of horrible people! Where did all the chinese values inculcated since young go? I’m awestruck at uncivilised these people are.

Other then stupid people who can’t keep their mcdonalds properly in a paper bag without spilling sprite, is this the reflection of the type of society that Singapore is becoming. An unhelpful group of insolent and thoughtless citizens? I’m just a kid, and I’m not really knowledgable in politics and sociology and all they psychadelic stuff. However, what I do know is that people should help people when they’re in trouble. Simple enough right? So I don’t think they’re any excuses for being incomprehensible in such basic morality, unless we’re being too artificial to see that.

No comments:

Post a Comment